Include in our diet protein rich vegetable such as Brussels sprouts; broccoli or spinach can help us lose weight in a healthy way. Losing weight in a healthy way is a priority when we want to eliminate those kilos of more accumulated in hips, abdomen and body in general. It is not easy, we know it. Miracles do not exist. The last thing we can pretend is to lose that fat quickly because, thus, we will be putting our health at risk. For our part, we propose the following: a first visit to the doctor to assess your physical condition. Then, establish daily routines to meet easy and motivating daily goals. A daily walk, some aerobic exercise and, above all, a good diet are the most basic keys to lose weight.
Today in our space we want to talk to you about that last key: your diet. At your disposal, you have 7 fabulous vegetables that nature has given you so you can get rid of those kilos in a healthy way. They are the richest in protein, the tastiest and those that will benefit you the most. You dare?
Do You Want to Lose Weight with Health? Then Say “Yes” to the Proteins
Before listing the 9 best protein vegetables, we want to explain the importance of proteins when we initiate any plan to lose weight with health.
- When we eat foods rich in proteins we get a prolonged satiating effect.
- This does not happen if we consume simple carbohydrates or sweet foods; On the contrary, we experience more hunger.
- We must also consider that if we neglect the contribution of proteins when making a diet to lose weight, we will lose muscle mass.
- We see this in people who, after losing a lot of weight, have an excess of flaccidity in their body and skin. They have lost a lot of muscle mass!
- Proteins – and this we must remember – favor the formation of muscle and decrease the amount of fat.
- Also, when consuming protein foods we require greater energy expenditure to digest them ( thermogenesis ). This gives us greater metabolic advantage to burn more fat.
As you see, everything is advantages. However, we should not exceed their consumption and the ideal is to combine proteins of animal origin (such as turkey meat) with the protein vegetables that we will now list.
Spinach is one of the leafy greens with more nutrients that we can consume.
- It is one of the most protein rich vegetables and, in addition, contains multiple essential amino acids.
- It also contains high amounts of folate, manganese, magnesium, iron, potassium, calcium, vitamin A and vitamin C.
- In addition to its high protein content, spinach contains compounds with great antioxidant power, which also reduce inflammation.
As a proposal we suggest the following: a salad of spinach, strawberries and nuts.
- Also, it also has good amounts of vitamins A, group B and C and minerals (calcium, manganese and potassium).
- On the other hand, it is important to know that if we choose to boil watercress, it will lose all its antioxidant content. We will try, therefore, to eat it raw in salads.
3. Alfalfa Sprouts
Have you already tried alfalfa sprouts? They give an original touch to our dishes and barely have calories, but they do have multiple nutrients. They also contain vitamins B, C and K and minerals such as iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc and copper.
“Alfalfa sprouts are excellent for reducing bad cholesterol (LDL), relieving menopausal symptoms and preventing osteoporosis”.
How to resist them?
4. Chinese Cabbage
Chinese cabbage will love you. With it you can not only lose weight in a healthy way, it also gives a tasty and original touch to all our dishes. It provides a large amount of proteins, as well as calcium, potassium, manganese, iron and vitamins A, C and K. On the other hand, and thanks to its antioxidant power, it helps us to fight different types of cancer. Do not hesitate to look for Chinese cabbage in your markets.
Asparagus is a protein vegetable known for its high content of nutrients. For example, with 134 grams of asparagus we get an average of 2.9 grams of protein.
- It is also an excellent source of vitamin A; group B, K and minerals (copper, manganese, phosphorus and magnesium).
- Highlight, also, its content in fructooligosacáridos, which have a probiotic action to stimulate the growth of beneficial bacteria in our intestinal flora.
We can prepare our asparagus in the oven, grilled, boiled or steamed. In any of its forms are delicious and healthy.
Broccoli is also a protein vegetable very rich in proteins that we can consume raw or cooked. It barely has calories, it is satiating and it will provide us with high amounts of vegetable compounds and flavonoids, such as kaempferol . As a curiosity, we will tell you that if you cook steamed broccoli, who will thank you most is your liver. In this way, we will also reduce high cholesterol levels.
7. Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts are great for losing weight. They are a good source of protein, fiber and vitamins. Also, you will like to know that this type of protein vegetable takes care of our intestines, since it helps us eliminate harmful bacteria. We can cook them in the oven or grilled. They are an ideal accompaniment to any dish. To conclude, these suggestions come in handy to create our weight loss plan. However, do not neglect the animal protein of lean meat and, of course, supplement your diet with exercises.
Start today losing weight with health is possible.